PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sun Ra's Pink Elephants

Enjin tells us: "In 1941 Disney released Dumbo, an animation I didn't get to see until much later during my childhood in the 80s. The most memorable scene for me was the Pink Elephants sequence. Fast forward to my early adulthood of about 20 when I immersed myself in Sun Ra and his Arkestra, who just happened to make their own rendition of the Pink Elephant song. And so today, while feeling a bit nostalgic, I synched the Pink Elephant animation from the original Dumbo movie with Sun Ra's music version. It gives it a much different feel than the original song. View it sunrapinkelephants.mov (17mb, qt). " (via Boing Boing)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there ##NAME##, I am out searching for the latest information on ##LINK## and found this site. Although ##TITLE## wasn't what I was looking for, it certainly sparked my attention. I can see how, I came across this site when I was looking for related information. I am glad I stopped by today.