PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ballad of Davey Crewcut


The Universe has been gleefully deluging me with Davy Crockett cover songs and parodies lately, for which I am eternally grateful. And that this one's by H & J is all the sweeter, I adore them partly because they can be consistently relied upon to be more annoying that I am. Note to Michael of Boot Sale Sounds where this can be found, one of my takedown notices from blogger was for a H & J album (one long out of print, no less), so be forewarned. Smart downloaders will want to snap this one up pronto.

2 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

Glad you like it. Thanks for the plug. Only take down notices Ive had were for obscure ska singles which always puzzled me.

Jay Schiavone said...

As a lad who loved comedy LPs, I really wanted to laugh along with H&J. But I couldn't tap into their song parodies because I didn't know the source material. So when I listened to "Sifting, Whimpering Sands" I had no idea they referring to "Shifting, Whispering Sands" which was apparently a hit record in the fifties. If only I had found their Beatles parodies.